Saturday, August 29, 2009

Insomnia or a lump in my bed?

I'm not sure if I have a temporary case of occasional insomnia or if I'm just tired of having Ada as a lump in my bed. Since we got back from camping, she's been way off her sleep schedule. She was great about going to bed and taking naps and sleeping so well before we went camping. Now that we are back, I don't know what's up.



I think she's teething for starters. Why do we need teeth again?



She's fighting bedtime like someone turned off Finding Nemo just before Nemo escapes and finds his father (sorry if I just ruined it for you).



Monday and Tuesday she screamed. Wednesday she fell asleep on the couch cuddling. Thursday the couch again. And last night I just let her holler it out for about 12 minutes. I think that's what we'll have to do. Poor thing. I hate having her scream it out but it has worked so well for us in the past. She hasn't been going down easily for naps with our friend who is watching her now either. Alison has to go in and try again after letter her cry for a bit. Then the nap is less than an hour. Hopefully we can reset her this weekend but that's unlikely because Daddy's home and she doesn't nap much when Daddy's home.



Maybe I'll get some more good luck and she'll magically get her new teeth in painlessly and she'll go right back to sleeping like she was before, and I'll get some more sleep in my nice, comfy, warm, lump-free bed. That's what I wish for.



Moral of the story: Don't be surprised if vacation screws up your kid's schedule. Just be sure to rest up on vacation (instead of playing games until 1am) so you can have the strength to retrain and rebound.

No comments: