Friday, March 26, 2010

Ada's Airport Adventure

Last weekend, I took Ada to the airport so I could fly to Minneapolis for Cadence's bachelorette party and she could go to grandma's house for the weekend. My in-laws were kind enough to meet me at O'hare to make the trade and it worked perfectly. When Ada saw them, she lit up and emitted high pitched squeals of joy. That made it so much easier for me to leave her for a weekend. That, and I really needed a break.

I thought I was getting a break but instead, I was up until one am on Friday morning, and then two am on Saturday morning. Cadence knows how to keep me going and after eight hours of shopping, wedding errands, long and delicious dinners, and a bachelorette dinner, drinks (water for me) and dancing, I was whipped. She did let me take a nap on Saturday and Sunday, thankfully. At least I didn't have to change any diapers.

I must admit that I did miss Ada and Rick while I was gone. It's hard not to when you spend so much of your time tethered to your child. It was so great to see them at the airport. I found them hanging out in the baggage claim area having a grand ol' time. Ada, in her light pink waffle fabric, tight fitting pajamas with white polka dots and her pink winter boots was quite a sight to see. She had the best time waiting for me as Rick entertained her with the stairs, escalators, and moving walkways that serve the baggage claim area. That running hug and scream of joy with outstretched arms is the best feeling ever after being squished onto a plane, in a seat that barely is wide enough for your hips, and even worse when you are a row from the back and pregnant.

Moral of the story: It's good to get away from the monotony of life if even just for a little bit, so that you can come back refreshed and more appreciative of what you've got.

No comments: