Thursday, April 17, 2008

12 Laundry, Remodeling, & Relatives Oh My!






It's been awhile since I've posted so here's the latest.
I mentioned babies soil things quickly so you do a lot of laundry as a mom. Hence the reason we decided to add a washer/dryer to our bedroom closet.
I must say that the thing is frigging AWESOME... But it has been insanely disruptive to remodel. Having a small home to begin with, space is important to us. We have been living out of the baby's closet for two months now. Oh yes, this process took two months. My fabulous husband has given up several weekends of his time, hours that could have been spent playing with the baby, and he even slept on the living room floor(see above) for a week so I could have the couch as we waited to clean our drywall-dust-covered bedroom. It has not been easy.
A huge thanks goes out to our families and friends for all of their help during this crazy time. Our friends from back home came to demo the wall, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend came the day I got diagnosed with strep throat to help re-drywall and babysit, my mother has come to help clean and bring some sense of order to the house, and my fantastic friends have come to entertain me, fold laundry, babysit, and just hang out without freaking out about the fact that my home looks like it was recently ransacked by a wild boar. Rick's parents plan to come in and help us re-assemble our home this weekend and I look forward to having a sense of normalcy back into my life.
My entry today has a little less bite than usual as I am recovering not only from strep throat, but the baby has a sinus infection and we chose this week to try the "cry it out" method -which I might add is working very well. I'm getting a good deal of sleep, for which I am very thankful, but I've also decided that this is the week that my maternity leave is officially over and I've launched my own marketing consulting firm - AY Marketing. I'm hoping to have my first client on board in the next week or so and I am actively seeking additional clients so feel free to pass my name on.
At least my schedule has been easy this week as far as appointments go. Ada is doing well in day care and between walks with neighbors and the fact that I have a 16 1/2 lb 4 month old, I get quite a good workout without even trying.
Moral of the story: Build a strong network of friends and family to help you through all that gets thrown your way, avoid remodeling, and try not to bite off more that you can chew as you only live for so long.

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

Wow that is quite the home renovation. Hard to believe it's the same space. FYI the Ada picture is too cute for words.