Monday, April 21, 2008

Cloth Diapers - note

So my friend Amanda just told me about another friend she has who started a cloth diaper website http://www.babycottonbottoms.com/. They have Thirsties diaper covers as a top selling item too.

I also wanted to add that you really do need to wash your cloth diapers 4 or 5 times before you use them to get them to be absorbent. It doesn't really make sense to me why but Rick and I forgot to wash the next size up that we have and started using them after about one or two washes. Boy were we in for it. Ada leaked all over the place because the pee just pooled on the diaper. Now that we've washed them, all is well with the world again.

And you do have to get used to folding the diapers and finagling them into the covers. It might take a little extra time but is well worth the effort.

Good luck to those other parents who join forces with me in saving the world one cloth diaper at a time.

1 comment:

Bayjb said...

That picture of Ada below is the cutest thing ever. I cannot wait to see her again. Thanks for returning the drill too (on an unrelated note.)

FYI: I tagged you, hope you don't mind.