Thursday, February 25, 2010

No Dramas for Prego Mommas

Rick made the mistake of renting Everybody's Fine with Robert De Niro last Tuesday night when I had had a tough day and was just feeling down, emotional, and hormonal. He rented six movies in all but that was the one I was drawn to, of course.

Big mistake.

Boy did I ever start the waterworks. It's a sad movie to begin with and I surely would have cried if I weren't hormonal, but the combo was a one-two knock out. As the credits rolled, I must have gone through another ten tissues as I sobbed while my shoulders hopped up and down and my breathing hiccuped. I was a complete mess. I guess I needed the release.

He said afterward that I need to note on my blog "Husbands: don't ever rent a drama when your pregnant wife is having a tough day. If you do by accident, grab the tissues and call the insurance guy to make sure you have flood coverage because the emotional waterworks are coming."

Moral of the story: Men- learn from the mistakes of those who have gone before you, save the dramas for the non-prego mommas.

No comments: