Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Speaking of crazy...

I'm beginning to think I'm a little bit crazy. After all, how much is too much to have on one mom's platter? Are other moms like this?

I'm a full-time mom and wife.
I work part-time.
I coordinate our family social schedules.
I occasionally have a side gig helping people with marketing or accounting.
I'm the bookkeeper for our condo association.
I'm the social planner for many of our friends and try to be the glue that keeps us all in touch.
I'm learning how to cook from a friend on Mondays.
I start 4 nights of intro to digital photography school tomorrow night.
I'm trying to get to pre-natal yoga every Monday night.
I'm incubating #2.
I blog.
I'm in a monthly bookclub. Which makes me an avid reader.
I'm in a knitting club that meets less-than-regularly but tries. Which makes me a knitter all the time too.
I joined the compact to stop shopping so now I've decided to express my creativity through a ton of crafts instead of buying people gifts.
Which makes me a member of freecycle.org as I try to keep things out of landfills and use things people don't want anymore to make these crafts.
And, I must admit, I'm pretty addicted to Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Castle, and sadly, the Bachelor (I should not have read the spoilers.)
Yes, I do still sleep about 8-10 hours a night.

Does that mean I'm crazy? Overextended? I like to be busy? I seek accomplishment?

I must say I'm having fun and learning a lot.

Maybe this is just my way of having fun while Rick is on constant Ada duty since she's in her "daddy phase" and doesn't want much to do with me. Poor Rick.

Moral of the story: As a mom, you become really good at juggling. Just be sure to know when you've added too many items to the list and be sure to discard them quickly before you comprise everything else.

No comments: