Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Squirt, Squirt

Iain got the doctoress straight out of the shoot.

He got Rick twice over the past two weeks.

And he finally got me this morning. I made it two weeks and a day before he peed while I was changing him. And the best part is that I knew it was coming...

As soon as I took his diaper off I was thinking, "Wow, I've made it two weeks. This is too good to be true." And then the waterworks started. Luckily, I was prepared and had a cloth diaper in hand ready to put out the fire. Unfortunately, the changing table cover got the brunt of it and is in the wash.

I guess I never really thought much about how different it is to change a boy versus a girl. When Ada peed, it went up her back and soaked her outfit. When he pees, it goes airborne and takes out anything in its way. I'm thinking I liked my odds with Ada a bit better. I keep thinking maybe there is some logic in the Pee Pee Teepees, but I can't help imagining them to just shoot up in the air like a sprinkler we had when I was a kid. It was a clown head that you attached to the garden hose and he had a hat that would shoot up into the air when water squirted out the top of his head. It just seems that the Teepee might prevent the stream from arcing across the room, but I'm not sure it really solves any problems. It just might redirect the ensuing mess to a smaller locale. Hmmm...

Moral of the story: Stay alert when changing all babies as you never know when they'll need to go and you're bound to have a mess on your hands, literally.

No comments: