Friday, April 3, 2009

Just my luck...

Ada's finally getting a respectable amount of hair now that she is 15+ months old. And like all little monsters, it keeps getting into her eyes and is annoying. So I broke down in a moment of weakness and bought her a high fa-lut-in' barrette with a fancy name from a little boutique that set me back $8.

Yeap.
That wasn't a typo. I bought a barrette for $8. OUCH!

But look how cute it is... (seen here on Eva since I never got a chance to photograph Ada with it in her hair.)

So you can imagine my surprise when I come home today to find it, well, in less than stellar shape. Detached from it's clip and soaked in spit.
My whole point of buying it was like every other cheap mom... to see how it was made and get the stuff to make them myself. That's great and fine and dandy until you go to the fabric store here in the city and have to wait in line for half an hour to get them just to cut the ribbon.
Screw it. I'll shave her head before I do that.
Note: Ada's holiday wish lists all include cute barrettes that stay in her hair, similar to this one above.
Moral of the story: You can't win 'em all.

No comments: