Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Compact Trumped by Convenience

Ten months into The Compact I finally broke down. I bought the latest book for my book club since I only had a week left to read it and it wasn't at the local used book store. I was overwhelmed with things to do, and tried to keep the spirit of The Compact alive, but convenience won out. I just didn't have time to shop around online for a used version of the book. I did put two copies of it on request at the library, but the wait list was such that I wouldn't have had it before book club. Even if I did find a used version online to buy, I would have had to consider all of the resources that went into shipping it to me when I had a Borders book store three blocks from my house.

Even worse, I didn't even use a coupon.

Moral of the story: As a parent, time quickly becomes your most valuable resource.

No comments: